MODEL LETTERS TO OPERA HOUSES
These are form letters which have your return addresses at the top, the opera company’s address underneath, and the date (which you can omit if you wish to be flexible about when you want to send the material). The opera letters will be addressed to the right contacts in the right language. (The contacts are updated yearly from our personal research and from data collected from reliable standard music industry source publications.) The letters are in the following languages:
- German if sent to Germany, Austria, the German section of Switzerland and Belgium and the Eastern block countries such as Belarus, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Hungary, Croatia, Czech Republic, etc….(since they are more familiar with German than with English)
- English if sent to Great Britain, Ireland, Scotland, Poland and the Nordic countries (Denmark, Norway, Finland, The Netherlands, Sweden), Macedonia, Moldova,Greece, Portugal and Spain.
- French for French speaking countries such as France, Monaco, parts of Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland.
- Italian if sent to the Italian countries and parts of Switzerland and parts of Belgium.
The letter itself will state that:
- you are a singer of a certain fach
- your résumé and photograph are included
- you will be in Germany/Europe for a certain amount of time, and contactable at your return address at the top of the letter
- you are interested in auditioning for them, and that you will contact them again once you are in Europe.
MODEL LETTERS TO AGENTS
These letters follow the same format as the opera house letters. The agents selected are agents with important and well-known reputations, ones we have personal knowledge of, and agents in major cities.